Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I love good hot dogs, sausage, and the right fixin's!

Not just any sausage is a good sausage. Not every hot dog is worth eating. But when I find a sausage worth consumption I will visit often. Newest on my list of "Exotic" sausage is "Wurstkuche". It is the German word for Sausage Kitchen, and they are doing it right. Rare issues of rabbit, rattlesnake, or alligator are the exotic additives to the wild side of the sausage, but tasty gourmet styles with apple, sun dried tomato, cheeses blended with smoked turkey or chicken are also available. I'm kind of a purest, so their more tame classics seem to be my favorites (although I have had the exotics and the gourmet and enjoyed them). They add two of the four toppings for you, caramelized onions, sauerkraut, sweet peppers, or spicy peppers. All of which are mind blowing. all on top of a beautiful bread roll, not a nasty hot dog bun as most are so sadly poised. They also have four different mustards to top your sausage, and several internationally flavored dipping sauces for your deep fries steak cut potato fries, yes and catsup too for you true blue Americans. They also host a great list of Beers both on tap as well as bottled. 10 minutes from Maggie's Garden Home in Venice.

No comments:

Post a Comment